Policy & Limits of Liability
1. The customer or his representative must be present during the move and final “walk throughs.” Our time runs continuously until payment is completed. Having your check or cash ready will save you time and money.
2. You must pay in full at finish of job, and any damage claims must be noted on the contract and followed up by a phone call from customer to office.
3. We only move empty freezers and aquariums.
4. If the move requires work other than the job description, Mr. Lifter Moving Company reserves the right to fulfill other obligations before completing additional work.
5. We do not move pianos up or down stairs. We can move small pianos when there are three steps or a short flight that is not longer than the measurement equal to the length of the piano.
6. Mr. Lifter Moving Company will not do anything that we feel is unsafe.
7. For safety reasons, small children and pets must be out of work area.
8. We are often asked to perform tasks that border on the impossible. Mr. Lifter Moving Company will not be responsible for damage caused by non-routine moving including but not limited to, standing pieces on end, sharp turns, overcrowded work areas, difficult stairways, snags and sharp edges in work areas and doorways, handing over balconies, railings, etc., tight squeezes, and damage caused by weather.
9. Mr. Lifter Moving Company will move no flammables or hazardous material due to safety laws.
10. Simulated wood products and pressed board have poor structural integrity which does not lend itself to moving or repair. We will move these items carefully but cannot be responsible for damage of simulated wood or pressed board furniture.
LIMITS OF LIABILITY
1. The condition of any item(s) boxed by customer are not insured by Mr. Lifter Moving Company and is the responsibility of the customer.
2. Mr. Lifter Moving Company shall in no way be responsible for the working condition of electronic equipment, grandfather clocks, or any other piece of mechanical equipment.
3. The right is reserved by Mr. Lifter Moving Company to repair or replace any damaged item(s).
4. Mr. Lifter Moving Company will not be responsible for damage caused by non-routine moving including but not limited to, standing pieces on end, sharp turns, over-crowded work areas, difficult stairways, snags and sharp edges in work areas and doorways, handing over balconies, railings, etc., tight squeezes, and damage caused by weather.
5. Mr. Lifter Moving Company shall not be responsible for damage to accounts, bills, checks, evidence of debts, letters of credit, passports, tickets, documents, manuscripts, notes, mechanical drawings, securities, currency, money, bullion, precious stones, jewelry, or other similar valuables, paintings, statuary, or other works of art; or property carried gratuitously or as an accommodation. The process of removing drawers must be done in the presence of the customer or their agent.
6. Mr. Lifter Moving Company shall not be responsible for damage resulting when moving household items that have deteriorated such as but not limited to lamp shades, mattresses, electrical wiring, etc.
7. Mr. Lifter Moving Company shall not be responsible for plants or pets.
8. Mr. Lifter Moving Company assumes no liability or responsibility for any items and cargo placed in the customer’s own vehicle or rental equipment and which Mr. Lifter Moving Company does not transport.
9. Mr. Lifter Moving Company may use dollies to move heavy objects such as but not limited to pianos, appliances, items over 300 lbs., etc. Any floor surfaces including but not limited to parquet, hardwood, ceramic, marble, entrance halls, etc. and any damage that may result to soft floors, such as, but not limited to, indentation, scuff marks, etc., are not the responsibility of Mr. Lifter Moving Company.
10. Mr. Lifter Moving Company will connect washer/dryer. You or your representative must check or accept any plumbing connections. Any assistance we give is as a courtesy only. Water and drain connections are the responsibility of the user.
11. Mr. Lifter Moving Company cannot be responsible for the working condition of major appliances.
12. Mr. Lifter Moving Company will not repair pressed board or simulated wood furniture. Much of the budget priced furniture today is made from a pressed wood or wood byproduct material w/ a photograph of woodgrain attached. This type of material is not structurally strong, especially if it has screws. It is not repairable and we have seen it crumble from the smallest vibrations riding in a truck across town. We will do our best to move it successfully for you.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the use of this Web site.
All content appearing on this Web site is the property of Mr. Lifter Moving Company Copyright © 2016. All rights reserved. As a user, you are authorized only to view, copy, print, and distribute documents on this Web site so long as (1) the document is used for informational purposes only, and (2) any copy of the document (or portion thereof) includes the following copyright notice: Copyright © 2016 Mr. Lifter Moving Company. All rights reserved.
All brand, product, service, and process names appearing on this Web site are trademarks of their respective holders. Reference to or use of a product, service, or process does not imply recommendation, approval, affiliation, or sponsorship of that product, service, or process by Mr. Lifter Moving Company. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise any license or right under any patent, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right of Mr. Lifter Moving Company or any third party, except as expressly granted herein.
Use Of Site
This site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed. Information on this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information, including product pricing and availability, may be changed or updated without notice. Mr. Lifter Moving Company and its subsidiaries reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, and/or cancel orders in its discretion, including, without limitation, if Mr. Lifter Moving Company believes that customer conduct violates applicable law or is harmful to the interests of Mr. Lifter Moving Company and its subsidiaries.
FOR COMPLETE TERMS AND CONDITIONS PLEASE READ OUR “MOVING AGREEMENT”